Achilles tendinopathy is a common condition that can have a big impact on a runner’s life and be challenging to manage. As health professionals we all want the best for our patients but it can be hard to see progression for athletes and difficult for them to return to their training targets. We’ve teamed up with our friends at Clinical Edge to produce a video series to help clinicians tackle some of the common problems we encounter in tendon rehab. This includes;
- Understanding the impact tendon pain can have and the timescales involved in rehab
- Key subjective questions and objectives tests
- Considerations in the kinetic chain (including recent research on hip weakness in achilles tendinopathy)
- Exercise selection to reduce pain and improve load capacity
- Important psychosocial considerations
- A case study to highlight our reasoning and treatment for a marathon runner
CLICK HERE to access all 3 videos including over an hour of free, evidence-based content.
We also be talked about achilles tendinopathy on Facebook live, over on our Facebook Page. We covered 3 main topics; what is the difference between mid-portion and insertional tendinopathy? How might we select shoes to help achilles tendinopathy? and what role do hands on treatment play in achilles rehab? Watch our Facebook live below and don’t forget to access those achilles videos!
Originally recorded June 2017